July 19, 2023
chocolate chip cookie recipes
During my research, I examined various sources including Reddit threads, Allrecipes, Taste of Home, and Cookies and Cups, which provided multiple chocolate chip cookie recipes and user experiences. There was a significant amount of variation in the recipes and opinions, although some common themes emerged. However, due to the subjective nature of personal taste, there remains a level of uncertainty in determining the absolute "best" recipe. Nonetheless, I have gathered relevant information and quotes to help you make an informed decision.
Have an opinion? Send us proposed edits/additions and we may incorporate them into this article with credit.
Joshua Weissman's Ideal Chocolate Chip Cookie
"I decided to bake Joshua's Chocolate Chunk Cookies, I have been looking for a great cookie recipe and this one has definitely made the list."
"I tend to go a little lighter [on the vanilla extract] so that the vanilla flavor doesn't over-power."
"In the tasty/buzzfeed 'perfect cookie' recipe, they brown one cup of butter which reduces it to roughly 90% of one cup."
Seriously, the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Soft, Thick, and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Allrecipes' Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Taste of Home's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Cookies and Cups' 20 Chocolate Chip Cookie Variations
Jump to top
"Seriously, the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Its perfect. I PROMISE!!!"
- URL: https://www.reddit.com/r/recipes/comments/2ow2wo/seriously_the_best_chocolate_chip_cookie_recipe/
- Title: Seriously, the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Its perfect. I PROMISE!!!
- Posted by: Reddit user
- Post date: 8 years ago
- Post type: Recipe
- Points: 17
- Query: Chocolate chip cookie recipes
- Oven preheated to 350 degrees F
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (11.5 oz) chocolate chips ( or any other kind of chips)
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt- set aside.
- Paddle attachment on mixer-cream butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs, then vanilla.
- Add flour mix.
- Add chocolate chips ( I added peanut butter chips as well) gently.
- Use 1/4 cup size scoops of dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the cookie looks golden brown.
- Cookies removed from the oven should be a little undercooked in the middle, allowing them to cool on a cooling rack, where they will continue to bake slightly.
- Yield: approx 50 cookies
Comments by Reddit users:
- User: Thanksexpress gratitude towards Reddit user who posted the recipe
- Baking powder
- Dark brown sugar
- User: Shares an easy cookie recipe that uses one bag each of chocolate chip cookie mix and one bag of peanut butter cookie mix
- User: Thanks the prior user for the tip about the “save” button
- User: Thankful for the tip about leaving the centers a bit undercooked as they have a tendency to overcook cookies
User: Shares their favorite cookie recipe
- “The Secret Ingredient Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- There are 20 chocolate chip cookie recipes on the webpage.
- The first four recipes are: Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dunkers.
- The next four recipes are: Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oat Cookies, Cookie Dough Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, Whoppers Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- The next four recipes are: Browned Butter Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies, Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Crispy Bits Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- The final four recipes are: Frosting Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies, Death By Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Salty Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- The page introduces each recipe with a title, an image of the cookies, and a short description or variation of the classic chocolate chip cookies.
- Some of the recipes include additional ingredients such as cranberries, oatmeal, bourbon, sour cream, and pretzels.
- Some of the recipes require additional steps such as using browned butter, mixing cookie dough inside the cookie, or layering frosting between two cookies.
- The webpage also provides links to other chocolate chip cookie recipes on the website for the user to explore.
- The author of the webpage is not identified.
- No information on the nutritional values or dietary restrictions of the recipes.
"Soft, Thick, and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies"
- A Youtube video is linked to the chocolate chip cookie recipe
- The recipe yields approximately 17 cookies
- The recipe calls for flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips
- The recipe involves sifting the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together
- The butter and sugars are creamed together thoroughly with an electric mixer
- The eggs are added one at a time and well-mixed in between
- The vanilla extract is added and mixed in
- The dry ingredients are added and mixed on low until just incorporated
- Chocolate chips are mixed in by hand
- Dough is gently shaped into balls and placed 3” apart on lined baking sheets before being covered in plastic wrap and then chilled in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- Cookies are baked for 11-13 minutes at 375ºF/190ºC and should firm up once cool
- A redditor recommends the Food Lab’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Guide for alternative recipe instructions
- Comments indicate the thickness of the dough is key to a thick cookie, and chilling dough is important in achieving this
- One positive-commenting redditor suggests adding Carnation Malted Milk powder to the recipe for improved cookies
- One redditor notes that they appreciate a thinner, crispy edge to their cookies, but can still enjoy thick and gooey ones
- Other comments are complimentary and offer thanks to the recipe poster
- The webpage provides 25 different chocolate chip cookie recipes.
- The first recipe is “France C” and has over 13,000 5-star reviews.
- The second recipe is the “Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie,” and the reviewer “Laceyinthewoods” claims it to be their best find yet.
- The third recipe is the “Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies,” and the recipe’s unique ingredient is the instant pudding mix.
- The fourth recipe is the “Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies,” which contains oats, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- The fifth recipe is the “Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies I,” and the review by “mommyluvs2cook” includes a picture of the cookie.
- The sixth recipe is the “Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies,” which contains peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips.
- The seventh recipe is the “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies III,” that also includes walnuts and pumpkin.
- The eighth recipe is the “Absolutely the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies,” which includes Mexican vanilla extract.
- The ninth recipe is the “Cake Mix Cookies VIII,” and it is made from a box of chocolate cake mix.
- The tenth recipe is the “Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies,” that contains a chocolate mint candy over the top.
- The eleventh recipe is the “White Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Cookies” loaded with white chocolate chips and pecans.
- The twelfth creative recipe is the “Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie,” made in a 14-inch pizza pan.
- The thirteenth recipe is the “White Chocolate, Chocolate Cookies,” made with white chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
- The fourteenth recipe is the “Chocolate Truffle Cookies,” which has melted unsweetened chocolate, chocolate chips, and cocoa powder.
- The fifteenth recipe is the “Chococonut Chip Cookies,” which has both chocolate chips and flaked coconut throughout.
- The sixteenth recipe is called “Tina’s Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies” and has two sticks of butter.
- The seventeenth recipe is the “Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies,” which has cocoa powder and chocolate chips and can optionally add peanut butter chips.
- The eighteenth recipe is the “Stephen’s Chocolate Chip Cookies,” which have three types of chocolate chips, including white, milk, and semisweet, and three types of nuts, including walnuts, pecans, and almonds.
- The nineteenth recipe is the “Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies,”
- Cinnamon White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon is added to the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- The recipe depends on how users drop their cookies, which may change the serving quantity.
- Chocolate Pecan Skillet Cookie
- A shareable cookie baked in a skillet.
- Chocolate chips can be replaced with an equal quantity of M&M’s or chocolate chunks.
- To make it fancy, mix the chocolate chips and pecans into the dough, then gently fold in 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries.
- Chocolate Monster Cookies
- This recipe is a great activity for kids.
- Monster cookies are a family favorite.
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut and extract are combined to create a crispy and chewy cookie.
- Chocolate Malted Cookies
- The recipe tastes like a malted milkshake.
- Malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, and chunks are mixed into the dough.
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Mint-flavored chips can be substituted for semisweet chocolate chips.
- Vanilla pudding mix is added to the recipe.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- A childhood classic that is sugar-free.
- Crispy and lightly browned edges are a perfect contrast to a cold glass of milk.
- Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Soft and chewy cookie that takes minutes to make.
- Great for kids to help with baking.
- Oat-Rageous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Three favorite cookies’ flavors––oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chip––in one delicious cookie.
- DoubleTree’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The secret recipe shared by DoubleTree Hotels.
- Crispy outside and tender inside, this cookie has the perfect ratio of walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
- The recipe has evolved over several years.
- Nuts and chocolate chips have been added to a plain zucchini cookie recipe.
- Double Delights
- Chocolate and vanilla cookies in one.
- Perfect for any cookie tray.
- Peanut Butter Chippers
- Peanut butter and chocolate combination in a quick and easy recipe.
- Can be made while cooking dinner.
- Sourdough Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- A sourdough family recipe passed down for over 100 years.
- Best enjoyed during Christmas.
- Wyoming Cowboy Cookies
- A popular cookie in Wyoming.
- A must-try recipe.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
"Joshua Weissman's Ideal Chocolate Chip Cookie"
- The recipe by Joshua Weissman is called the “Ideal Chocolate Chip Cookie.”
- The recipe doesn’t use chocolate chips, but rather dark chocolate chunks (60-70% cacao).
- The recipe calls for white sugar, packed brown sugar, unsalted butter, kosher salt, an egg, an egg yolk, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and dark chocolate.
- Modifications from a Reddit user who has made the recipe include using less vanilla extract, browning the butter instead of just melting it, sneaking in an extra egg yolk if making a double batch, adding half a cup of sourdough starter discard to add extra moisture and flavor, and replacing the dark chocolate with a mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate.
- Another Reddit user suggests browning one cup of butter and pouring it into a 2 cup measuring cup and topping it with cold water for a chewier cookie.
- The modification using brown butter increases chewiness.
- No, the recipe doesn’t call for browned butter, but one user prefers it.
- The Reddit user who has made the cookies before confirms the yield from the recipe is roughly eight to nine cookies.
- The poster on Reddit recommends Joshua Weissman as a great content creator and encourages everyone to check him out.
- There is a photo posted of the cookies made using the recipe.
- A link to a video of the recipe is also provided.
"Grandma’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe"
- The webpage provides the recipes for several variations of chocolate chip cookies, including Easy Crackle Top Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookies by Lorna Van Otterloo, Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jeanette Berghorst, Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sandy Hoftyzer, and Chocolate Chip Cookies by Martha Bruxvoort.
- The recipes on this webpage use different ingredients and have slightly different instructions for preparation and baking.
- Each recipe on the webpage lists the required ingredients and instructions for making the dough, rolling it into balls, coating it in sugar, and baking it.
- Some of the recipes provide tips such as not to flatten the balls of dough and to chill the dough to prevent it from spreading too much during baking.
- The majority of the recipes suggest baking the cookies at 350 or 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- The handwritten notes next to some of the recipes include modifications such as adding oatmeal or less flour to the recipe.
- Commenters in the Reddit thread discuss some of the modifications and deciphering the handwritten notes.
- Some commenters recommend adding raisins or nuts to the cookies.
- One comment suggests that the cookbook from which these recipes have been taken could have belonged to the Half-Blood Prince, referencing Harry Potter.
- Other Reddit commenters express amazement at the skill of the transcriber who managed to type out the handwritten recipes.
- Some commenters laugh about the lack of clarity in some handwritten recipes or joke that the transcriber deserves a reward for the work.
- One commenter mentions they have a family cookbook with similar handwritten notes.
- One commenter suggests that the handwritten notes could be different variations of the same recipe.
- Another commenter mentions that they used to work in archives and museums and that this type of work is similar to deciphering old records.
- Some commenters think this page is helpful and useful.
💭 Looking into
2 classic chocolate chip cookie recipes with a twist
💭 Looking into
5 best chocolate chip cookie recipes to try at home