May 02, 2023
I've examined five sources, including an NBC News article and four Reddit threads, discussing affordable dehumidifiers under $100. There was a fair amount of consensus with some specific recommendations appearing multiple times. The sources were directly related to the original query, and I have a moderate level of certainty based on the research.
Have an opinion? Send us proposed edits/additions and we may incorporate them into this article with credit.
Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
General Electric Dehumidifiers
Jump to top
"Best dehumidifiers under $100 ?"
- User “TheWolfQueen” posted a question on Reddit in the “r/BeardedDragons” subreddit on May 4, 2019, asking for suggestions for reliable dehumidifiers that can be adjusted for a 160 square foot room and cost less than $100.
- The user’s previous dehumidifier which had recently broken was a GE 70 pint model that is typically meant for a whole basement.
- The post had two points and received two upvotes.
Several commenters offered suggestions for dehumidifiers under $100:
- The Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- The hOmeLabs Small Dehumidifier for 1200 cubic feet
- The Ivation IVADM10 Powerful Small-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier
- The Eva-Dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
- The Zarpax LV-A300-US Reusable Dehumidifier
- The Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier
- One commenter recommended checking Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist for used dehumidifiers at a lower cost.
- Another commenter suggested using a reptile-specific dehumidifier for optimal humidity control.
- Another user suggested using a dehumidifier that includes a hygrometer function, which measures the moisture content in the air, along with a humidistat function, which sets the desired level of humidity.
- Someone else suggested checking with local hardware stores or online retailers for deals on dehumidifiers.
- Several other options were mentioned in the comments, including dehumidifiers from Frigidaire, and the Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer.
- One commenter noted that, for a relatively small area like a 160 square foot room, a dehumidifier with a capacity of around 30 pints should be sufficient.
- Another commenter mentioned that lower-priced dehumidifiers may consume more energy and have lower efficiency compared to more expensive models, which may lead to higher overall costs in the long run.
- Other advice included regularly cleaning the dehumidifier’s filter to ensure it operates efficiently, and placing it in a central location within the room.
"Can anyone recommend a decent dehumidifier under $100?"
- Reddit thread from r/microgrowery from 2 years ago
- Query: “Can anyone recommend a decent dehumidifier under $100?”
- Requester is looking for something that can fit in their tent, but they can put it in the same room if necessary.
- One user purchased a dehumidifier on Amazon for $50 which did not work well at all - it only provided a 2% drop in humidity. User suggests that inexpensive dehumidifiers do not usually work well and that more expensive ones need to have an actual compressor.
- User explains that cheap humidifiers work well, but cheap dehumidifiers typically do not. They suggest that adding another fan or enhancing airflow could potentially solve issues with humidity.
- User states that they have run full runs at 60% and 80% humidity during lights out and humidity actually grows plants faster depending on VPD, so pushing higher humidity can be beneficial. User suggests keeping mold and rot in check with multiple fans instead of purchasing an expensive dehumidifier.
- Another user recommends a WACOOL adjustable terrarium fogger reptile humidifier from Amazon with a 4-liter reservoir for around $85. User explains that it has a top fill design, so it can be put outside the tent, but has a hose to feed to the tent hole.
- Third user suggests a TaoTronics dehumidifier for $40 on Amazon which includes a control to set a certain humidity level. The dehumidifier has a one-gallon capacity.
- Post includes additional comments that are not relevant.
- Overall, users suggest that inexpensive dehumidifiers do not typically work well, with one user recommending against them entirely. They advise that adding fans or increasing airflow is a more cost-effective solution.
- The webpage provides a list of 6 affordable dehumidifiers under $100.
- The Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier is designed for small spaces and can remove up to 9 ounces of water a day from the air. It has a large tank with a 16-ounce capacity, is portable and lightweight, and has an auto shut-off feature. It is optimal for operating temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The AUZKIN Dehumidifier has a 26-ounce water tank and can be used to maintain smaller rooms at a comfortable humidity level. It is portable and has seven customizable LED light options, including Blue, Green, and Yellow, and an auto shut-off setting. It is optimal for rooms up to 161 square feet.
- The Tenergy Sorbi 1000ml Air Dehumidifier features a removable water tank with a 34-ounce capacity, can remove 26 ounces of air moisture a day, and includes an air purifying component with a built-in HEPA filter that can clear out about 99.7 percent of particulates. It is optimal for spaces up to 200 square feet and includes an auto shut-off option and a “water full” indicator.
- The Eva-Dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier can remove up to 8 ounces of moisture per day and has a 16-ounce water tank capacity. It is lightweight and compact and includes an indicator light that notifies you when the tank is full and will automatically switch off if that light is on to avoid spillage.
- The Pure Enrichment PureDry Mini Dehumidifier can extract up to 10 ounces of water from the air each day and has a water tank capacity of 27 ounces. It operates quietly and weighs just over 2 pounds. It has a 4.3-star average rating from over 1,000 Amazon reviews.
- The SEAVON 1500ml Dehumidifier has a 50-ounce water tank capacity and can extract 18 ounces of moisture per day in 80 percent humidity. It has a 4.2-star average rating from nearly 3,000 Amazon reviewers and includes an auto shut-off option and a light indicator when it needs to be drained.
- These dehumidifiers are priced under $100 and can help to reduce heavy moisture in the air during the summer months, which can cause indoor pollutants that trigger allergies, damage building materials, and invite mold, mild
"Dehumidifier recommendations ?"
- Most newer models of dehumidifiers only last about a year or so according to some Reddit users.
- The subreddit thread discusses suggestions for longer-lasting dehumidifiers and tips for maintaining the units.
- One user suggests purchasing a unit that comes with a good warranty and buying an extended warranty for additional protection, while another user recommends controlling the dehumidifier remotely to reduce cycling.
- Frigidaire was suggested by one Reddit user as their personal favorite among brands, but other users had mixed opinions.
- One user recommended keeping the screen/filter on the dehumidifier clean to extend the life of the unit.
- Several users mentioned the issue of refrigerant leaking from dehumidifiers within a few years of use.
- One user suggests considering an analog hygrometer reading in addition to the electronic one to ensure an accurate reading of humidity levels.
- Several users recommended purchasing a unit with a long warranty to increase the lifespan of the unit.
- One user recommended a Hisense dehumidifier and reported having had no issues with the unit for almost two years.
- Another user reported using a Frigidaire dehumidifier since 2014 with heavy use and remote control, with less than 10% of the stop/starts it would have had if controlled by the onboard humidistat.
- Two models that were suggested were the Danby DDR040BJWDB and DH45PWKN Honeywell dehumidifiers.
- One user recommended considering a mini-split instead of a traditional hardware store-type dehumidifier.
- One user suggested storming local Goodwill stores for old dehumidifier models as they may have been made to last better than newer models. However, another user cautioned against this suggestion, citing issues with a Meaco dehumidifier that lasted only two years.
- One user expressed frustration over having donated an old metal dehumidifier that worked well and wished they had kept it.
- A link to an Amazon page with four suggested dehumidifiers was included in the thread.
"Best budget dehumidifier for a small room (9x9 feet)"
- Discussion on the subreddit r/BuyItForLife regarding an affordable dehumidifier for a small room in a humid environment
- Original poster mentions living in Singapore, where the humidity is unbearable, and can only afford a dehumidifier under $100
- Question on what size a dehumidifier must be to be effective in a small room and if a portable and rechargeable option like the Xiaomi Deerma is sufficient for one day
- Recommendation for a General Electric dehumidifier from an individual in Hawaii who has used their product daily for the past two years
- Comment from another person recommending a small dehumidifier from Amazon for a 12x12 space
- Suggestion to purchase a dehumidifier based on warranty and return policy since many are made by the same overseas factories under different brands
- Mention of a major dehumidifier recall a few years back that revealed how many different brands are made by a single factory
- A link to the Amazon listing for the Xiaomi Deerma portable and rechargeable dehumidifier
- Original poster responding and thanking everyone for their recommendations and mentioning that they ordered a hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump which was on sale within their budget
- Comment from another person recommending against used dehumidifiers due to mold and health concerns
- Additional comment from an individual recommending transparent plastic cups or bags filled with silica gel to absorb the moisture in the room
💭 Looking into
3 important things to consider while purchasing a dehumidifier on a tight budget
💭 Looking into
Top 5 dehumidifiers below $100 according to customer satisfaction ratings